When we think about a holiday, a few names of places always come in our minds like London, Paris, New York, Log Angeles, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, or Switzerland; however, there are some unique places on Earth which are not explored much.
Though these places are not known much; however, these are not less attractive than those big names. If you want to experience something new, you should consider visiting the most unexplored places on Earth. You can get to know about the people there, the culture they follow, and, most importantly, the place itself.
If you are given a choice to visit a famous city or an unknown but unique place, won’t you prefer traveling to a unique place rather than a city? I am sure most of us will go for the second option. Isn’t it impossible to resist visiting a place full of Apple orchards as pretty as a picture, lakes, castles, and surrounded by mountains?
One such beautiful place is Val Di Non in Trentino. Without an iota of doubt, Val Di Non is one of the most beautiful places in Northern Italy, situated between the southern Alps. You can easily reach Val Di Nan from Verona or Venice. It’s just a couple of hours journey.
There are a lot of things to see and enjoy in Val Di Nan. In this article, we‘ll explain the five best reasons to visit Val Di Non.
- Enchanting Lakes and Valleys: The combination of Lakes, mountains, valleys make Val Di Non incredibly eye-catching. If you visit the place once, you will find it difficult to resist visiting again. Imagine spending a holiday at Val Di Non with your family or friends and walking along the beautiful lakes surrounded by mountain landscapes. The thought itself is mesmerizing, isn’t it? The snowy peaks of mountains in winter is a treat to watch.
- A Heaven for Castle Lovers: The region of Val Di Non is home to the maximum number of Castles in Italy. There are as many as 28 castles in Val Di Non, which will take you to the medieval period. While some are privately owned, most of them are open for tourists. Two outstanding castles in Val Di Non are Castel Cles and Castel Thun. The castle, Castel Cles, is gorgeous, with stunning views of the valley and lake. The inside of the castle is open to tourists only on some special occasions. If the outside view isn’t enough for you, then you can visit Castel Thun. It was built in the 12th Century and is open to the public.
- The Apple Orchards: If you visit Val Di Non and don’t see the breathtaking view of Apple Orchards, then you will miss a lot of things. Cultivation of Apple is the base of the local economy, and it is at the forefront of the tourism of Val Di Non. The farmers are very friendly and allow you to enter the orchard and talk to them about apple cultivation, their life, etc. The endless greenery of Apple orchards turns snow white for a brief period in the spring.
- Traditional towns and the villages: At Val Di Non in Trentino, you will not find big cities. It is full of beautiful villages with excellent, clean roads and full of greeneries. Everything is very well managed. You can get all the amenities of modern life. The largest town of the valley is Cles, with a population of about 7000. Even though it is small but after traveling through villages, you will feel a little bustling of city life.
- The Canyons and Dolomites can’t be missed: Canyons are one of the special attractions of Val Di Non. The Novella Canyon, an incredible series of slot canyons, is unequivocally the most spectacular in the valley of Val Di Non. Another beautiful canyon is Rio Saas Canyon. These canyons are very narrow, but you will be amazed by the beauty once you enter them.
The dolomites, a part of the southern Alpines, is bursting with natural beauty and diversity, and are a treat to watch to nature lovers. The mesmerizing beauty of Dolomites makes the valley one of the most favorite holiday destinations.
Final Words: Val Di Non has become a top-rated holiday destination in Italy for its scenic beauty. Be it the mountains, the lakes, or the apple orchards; it seems nature has no end of love for this place. Though the area is small, you will find no shortage of good hotels, restaurants. Moreover, it is very well connected to nearby metros like Venice. So, if you are planning for a holiday in Europe, you must consider Val Di Non in Trentino.
Image [email protected], wanderers and warriors, helpstay, trentino